Meet Mrs. Hoke 3rd and 4th Grade
Short week next week. Tuesday is Professional Development for teachers and Friday is Veteran's Day. We will be singing and doing a recitation on Weds. during chapel. Please join us! Invite a veteran! Have a great weekend!
This week in...
Religion- Gideon leads God's people and Samson.
( Memory check is on THURSDAY. It is a major part of the Religion grade.)
3- Proofreading practice and compound words.
Reading- 3/4- Cause and Effect. RAZ Kids, Scholastic News (interactive current events).
3:Topic 5 is MULTIPLICATION!
4:Topic 5 is Multiplying larger numbers.
S.S.- Early CT.
Sci.- Forces and Motion. Balanced vs un balances, friction.
Reminders and Important Dates:
* No School on Tuesday or Friday.
* Monday is Art Club
* Tuesday is Karate Club
*Veteran's Day Celebration is Weds. @ 9am. Please feel free to join us.
* Weds. is Chess Club
* Thursday is Juniors/Cadettes
* Please be sure to sign up for Parent/Teacher conferences next week. The sign ups are in the lobby.
* Follow us on Twitter: Barbara Hoke @ilsgrade3
Have a great week!
Barbara Hoke began her teaching career at Immanuel Lutheran School in 2004 after receiving her Bachelor’s Degree in Childhood Education from Concordia College in Bronxville, NY. In 2007, she completed her Master’s Degree at Western Connecticut State University, specializing in Curriculum.
Mrs. Hoke is married and has a three year old son, Jameson, who attends ILS and is in Pre-k 3. She has two dogs, Baxter and Lulu Belle. Besides her love for all things third and fourth grade, Mrs. Hoke enjoys cooking and spending time with her family.
Meet Mrs. Gordish
My name is Aretta Gordish. I am happy to begin my second year here at Immanuel. I will be working as a teacher’s aide in the 3rd and 4th grade classroom. I previously worked as a preschool aide at Immanuel Lutheran School. I graduated from Bethany University in Scotts Valley, California with a degree in Business Administration, I have worked in various secretarial positions throughout my life but more recently have worked primarily with schools as a preschool para, a special ed para as well as an elementary school secretary.
I am the wife to Timothy, an LCMS minister as well as retired Navy Chaplain who currently serves as a chaplain at the Federal Prison in Danbury. I have four children, the three oldest are married and my youngest is starting his third year at Immanuel Lutheran. This summer I became a grandmother for the first time. In my spare time I enjoy reading, crocheting, and writing.
Here are some Math sites that can help with basic math skills:
- Read a book together (this will help with fluency)
- Write daily (keep a journal) about your day (practice proper spelling, grammar and punctuation)
- Write in a journal that allows for parental responses
- Reading comprehension practice (buy a book at the Teacher store, Staples, Wal-Mart, etc.)
- RAZ-KIDS (online reading practice)
- Let your child write a story, help them edit and then get it bound at Staples and they can illustrate it too!
- Make a special place to read
- Check out the local library to see what activities they have
- Read your favorite childhood book together
Contact Mrs. Hoke Click Here
Barbara Zabawar-Hoke began her teaching career at Immanuel Lutheran School and is in her eighth year teaching third grade. Mrs. Hoke received her Bachelor’s Degree in Childhood Education from Concordia College in Bronxville, NY. She completed her Master’s Degree at Western Connecticut State University, specializing in Curriculum. Besides her love for teaching, Mrs. Hoke enjoys scrap-booking, cooking and traveling.